Sew So Simply - Sewing Machines 101 by Beverly Vance
Tuition: $35: 2 Hour Class
Monday, June 4, 2018: 10:00 am - 12:00 or 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Payment for these class should be made directly to Sew So Simply.
- All sewing classes require a minimum of 1 week advance registration, and fee payment is due at that time.
- The sewing instructor gladly accepts either cash or check made out to her in payment of class fees, but not credit cards.
Is that machine you bought still in the box? Or perhaps you've inherited a lovingly used machine but don't even know how to operate it? Do you want to learn to sew but don't know where to start?
This class is for you! Come to this 2 hour class to learn the basics about threading, winding the bobbin, machine settings, basic care, and the purpose for all those extra presser feet.
By making some easy samples, you will learn how to sew the most common stitches and when you should use each one. To ensure that you begin with a positive sewing experience, you will leave with a list of the basic, "must-have" tools that are essential to successful sewing. A quick overview of fibers and fabrics will complete your introduction to the sewing basics.
Course prerequisite: Completion of Sewing Machines 101 or equivalent knowledge.
Class Supply List
- Sewing machine, in good working order, plus the operating manual and any attachments, if you have them.
- Thread - any color
- Scissors or shears
- Bobbins for your machine
- Notepad and pen or pencil for taking notes
classes | Clubs
- Time for Summer Camp!
- Baby Lock Foot Class
- Jeans Class
- Cutter Club
- Level 1 Sewing Class
- Level 2 Sewing Class
- Level 3 Sewing Class
- Quilter's Guild of Plano
- Sewing and Embroidery Club
- Sewing Machines 101 Class
- Software Classes
- Tote Bag Class
- Perfect T-Shirt Class